Pages

Monday 3 August 2020

Filtration Experiment.


Aim: To Separate a solution from a precipitate (precipitate is the name for a solid that forms in a liquid during a chemical reaction).
Hypothesis: what do you think will happen...
Method: 
1. Pour approximately 50mL of copper sulfate solution into a beaker.
2. Add the same volume of sodium carbonate solution. A reaction will happen, you should see a cloudy blue precipitate form. Called copper carbonate. 
3. Watch demo then fold filter paper to fit inside the funnel
4. Place the funnel with the filter paper inside of it, into the mouth of a conical flask. 
5. Stir the mixture in the beaker, then carefully pour it into the funnel. 
6. Observe what happened.

Observations and Discussion: what you saw happen and why do you think it happened... it turns in white like a water and

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shane,
    Great work with starting your observations. Next time, Make sure you are finishing your blogs and answering the headings, not just copying them down

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.