Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

Instructions: Create a doc in your Science folder called "Home Chemistry"
Write the aim at top.
Write the following list of common names for household chemicals
1) Salt)Salt is a mineral composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl), a chemical compound .... The town gave its name to the Hallstatt culture that began mining for salt in the area in about 800 BC. .... The refined salt industry cites scientific studies saying that raw sea and rock salts do not contain enough iodine salts to prevent 
2) Surf (laundry powder)
3) White vinegar
4) Baking soda
5) Baking powder
6) Cleaner
7) Detergent
8) Lemonade
9) Sugar
10) Citric Acid
With a partner, research the chemical names for each item on your list.
Once you have completed this, post your research to your blog. Quality blog posts will earn one point towards your science badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.