Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Samoan language

Hi readers for today we watched the video about Samoan Umu traditional cooking.

What is umu? What does it need, what is it for? Umu is made in under ground and you need to put some rocks and two sticks to make a fire. You put the food at the top so it will not burn and other food at the bottom and cover it with the banana lives they cook this food for some occasion like wedding and other gathering.

How are traditional Samoan skills taught? They thought the skills to giving the the step and proper procedures in cooking.

Is there something you've experience similar to an umu? What was it? Where did you experience it? No I didn't experience that even in my country.

What type of things are cooked in an umu? They cook green banana and potato also a coconut cream and they put it in the lives and they put it in the banana lives to cook.

1 comment:

  1. Talofa lava Shane!

    I enjoyed reading your work about the Samoan umu. You worked hard on this blog and I can tell by the quality of your answers.

    Keep up the nice work!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.